18 Apr 2013

Maybelline Affinitone Concealer in 01 and 02- review, photos, swatches

Hello!

Another concealer review. At first I must admit that I LOVED Maybelline's Pure.Cover concealer in 02, which was discontinued and replaced with Affinitone. It was just out of this world- looked so natural, was a prefect shade match, covered EVERY flaw, was long-lasting. So I don't really understand why did they decide to discontinue it- to be honest, I'm still mad. Because Affinitone is not even half that good.
But still, I decided to give it a try.
At first I've bought it in 02, because I didn't know it's not the lightest shade, like Pure.Cover in 02 was. Of course it turned out to be too dark (so I gave it to my Mum).
And decided that I'll never ever buy anything from Maybelline anymore.
A few weeks later I found out that the lighter shade in 01 is also available. So I've bought it, hoping that it'll be like another version of my previous holy grail. But, what a shame, it's not!

Here you can't really tell the shade difference: Left- 01, right - 02

Swatches of both shades: 01, 02
More in different light
Blended:
Swatches of 01




To sum up: it covers quite well, but it looks so unnatural, so fake! And the shade is too dark for me. I always have a problem with finding shade light enough for my pale skin.
So I'm still trying to find my fave concealer.

No comments:

Post a Comment