19 Apr 2013

Giorgio Armani Face Fabric Second Skin Nude Makeup SPF 12 Foundation in shade 8

Hello!

Here's another review of a product that I really disappointed me. I promise that next time I'll post something in a more positive tone :).

I've read so many positive reviews  about this foundation (currently it has 4.2 out of 5 on makeupalley!) that I really really wanted to buy and use it - one of the reasons was also the light shade- 8. Silly me, I didn't request for a sample and bought it instantly.

Oh, I've bought SO many foundations that looked pale in a store but after I came home they turned out to be  too dark/ too pink for my skin with yellow undertones! I think most of the pale shades on a market are actually made for a girls with pink undertones.

It is my first review of the pale foundation, more will come soon. I could write a whole book about my adventures

I used to have darker skin- I used to buy MAC Studio Fix in NC 15, old version of Dior HydraLife tinted moisturizer (it was called HydrAction) in shade 01 and Clinique Superbalanced in Breeze- and that was cool because I didn't have problems with finding the right shade. But my skin became paler because I started to take care of my skin and used high-SPF creams.

Now I just love my pale skin- but that makes a problem because none of the high-end brands like Guerlain ( pity, it's one of my fave high-end beauty brand :( ), Dior, Chanel, YSL, MAC or most of the drugstore ones don't run shades pale enough. Once, when I went to Sephora, even a sales assistant couldn't find the right shade for me. So I started to buy Revlon Colorstay for combo/oily skin in Ivory (the review will come soon) but apart from the shade I don't really like it. Now I'm using my last Pure.Cover concealer in 02 as a foundation. (Which I mentioned in my last review - I so love it).

Placing the foundation in a tube is a good solution. I don't like pumps because usually when you think that you've used the whole content there's about 30% of the foundation left inside because a pump cannot reach it. On the other hand, the package with open cap is not hygienic. (see: Revlon Colorstay)

It has a mousse-like consistency and is very lightweight. It is a pretty neutral shade. (My face is lighter and more yellow than the skin on my hand.)

But once I blended it, the texture became cakey. You can see how awful it looks... Even on my hand, where the skin is quite flawless compared to complexion. It looks even worse on the face, believe me.
In different light:


I DON'T recommend it for those who have even a little bit dry skin, because it enhances the dryness, and for those who have some blemishes because doesn't cover the imperfections very well- it's actually more like a tinted moisturizer.

I don't get the hype over this foundation. I'm sure that for a price lower than $50 you can get a lot better stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment